Generic Bimatoprost was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the treatment of Glaucoma, a health condition of the eye that ends up destroying your eye’s optic nerve leading to loss of vision. This drug is manufactured by a team of highly trained specialists who rely on modern technological equipments to come up with the right medication. Generic Bimatoprost is way cheaper than the branded version since it is produced by different pharmaceutical companies that try to compete for the available market. Although Generic Bimatoprost is cheaper than the branded version, it still has the same effects when used in thinning and lengthening eyelashes. This is because they are manufactured using the same active ingredients that make it easy for your lashes to grow within a couple of weeks.
How Generic Bimatoprost Works
Every drug has its own mechanism of action depending on the type of active ingredient used in manufacturing it and the health condition that it is designed to treat or prevent. Knowing how a drug works is very important as it will help you in determining whether it is the correct type of medication that you would wish to use. You can do this by visiting online sites or buy books and journals that cover a given drug such as Bimatoprost.
The exact action mechanism of Generic Bimatoprost has not been clearly known although there are some theories which try to explain how it leads to longer eyelashes. When it comes to reducing the effects of Intraocular Pressure (IOP), Bimatoprost is thought to work by increasing the rate at which aqueous humor flows from the eye of a person who is suffering from Glaucoma. Excess aqueous humor can in the long term lead to damage of the eye and permanent loss of vision.
When it comes to thinning and increasing the length of lashes, it is believed that Bimatoprost works by increasing the growth phase of the lashes. With an extended life cycle, it is possible to get thick and longer lashes as they have ample time to mature.
Generic Bimatoprost Dosage
Before you buy Generic Bimatoprost online, it is highly recommended that you talk with your doctor who will in turn give you a prescription which should be strictly followed. There is no online pharmacy that will sell this medication if you do not have a doctor’s prescription as it may lead to adverse side effects if it is not properly used.
When using Generic Bimatoprost in reducing Intraocular Pressure (IOP), a doctor will recommend taking one drop of Bimatoprost that contains 0.01% or 0.03% Lumigan. This should be done once in a day before you can go to bed. When Bimatoprost is administered on a regular basis, IOP will be reduced within a matter of days since the effects last for 8-12 hours after administration.
For longer eyelashes, the recommended dose is one drop of 0.03% Bimatoprost once in a day. The medication should be applied using an applicator that comes together with the drug. The solution is to be applied on the upper eyelashes since the lower lashes will automatically get the medication once you start applying it.
Side Effects of Bimatoprost
The use of Generic Latisse is set to result in some side effects that can be easily treated when you seek urgent medical attention just like any other medication that has been prescribed by a doctor. However, the side effects will go away within a couple of days after your body adapts to new changes brought about by the drug. Below are the common side effects associated with the use of Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution when increasing the length of your lashes.
Less Common Side Effects
- Blurred vision
- Loss of strength
- Loss of vision
- Itchy eyes
- Increased sensitivity to light.
- Darkening of the eye lash or skin that surrounds the eyes.
Common Side Effects
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sore throat
- Nasal Congestion
There are some patients who may experience allergic reactions once they start using Generic Bimatoprost. The allergic reaction is usually accompanied with symptoms such as difficulty in breathing or swelling of the mouth, lips or tongue. When you start experiencing any of these side effects after using Bimatoprost, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention within the shortest time possible. This will help in monitoring the side effects before they can cause health problems.
Warnings and Precautions
- Before you buy Bimatoprost, it is important to notify your pharmacist or doctor about any other drug that you are using. This is because interactions with some medications can render Bimatoprost useless or make it difficult for the drug to fully carry out its purpose.
- Before you buy Bimatoprost, you should tell your doctor about any allergies that you have or may have had in the past. This is because Bimatoprost contains some inactive ingredients that may lead to an allergic reaction. If you are allergic to Bimatoprost, your doctor will give you a different medication that serves the same purpose as Bimatoprost.
- Pregnant women should talk with their doctor about the pros and cons of using Bimatoprost while pregnant. Once consultation has been done, the doctor will determine whether or not you should use Bimatoprost for eyelash growth. It has not been known if Bimatoprost can pass into breast milk. However, lactating mothers are supposed to seek the opinion of their doctor before they can finally buy Bimatoprost.
- If you want to get an eye surgery, it is important to let your doctor know that you are using Bimatoprost. This will reduce any side effects that may develop after the surgery.