Causes and Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile Dysfunction (impotence) is the inability to get and keep an erection firm in Men during sex. Problems like premature ejaculation anderectile dysfunction is common in Men. Premature ejaculation mostly occurs when a man ejaculates too sooner than he wants to while having sex. There are many treatments and techniques that can be tried to overcome sexual issues and problems.
What are the Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction?
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction may include:
- Trouble keeping an erection for longer period
- Trouble getting an erection
- Reduced sexual desire
- Consult your doctor if you have Erectile problems.
What are the causes of Erectile Dysfunction?
Male sexual is a process that involves the brain, emotions, hormones, muscles, nerves, and blood vessels. Any of these can result Erectile Dysfunction. Stress and mental health can also cause such erectile problems. Combination of physical and psychological issues causes erectile dysfunction which are differentiated below.
Physical Cause of Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence)
In this case erectile problems may caused by physical, which may include:
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Fat around the waist
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Excessive use of Tobacco
- Sleep disorders
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Due to Certain prescription medications
- Excess of Alcohol or alcoholism
Erectile Dysfunction causes by Psychological may include:
Brain plays an important role while having sex as its starts the feeling of sexual excitement.
There are also some psychological causes of erectile problems which may include;
- Mental health conditions
- Relationship problems due to stress, poor communication.
What are the Complications from Erectile Dysfunction?
There are many complication due to erectile dysfunction which may include:
- Embarrassment or low self-esteem
- Stress or anxiety
- An unsatisfactory sex life
- The inability to get your partner pregnant
- Relationship problems
How to prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
Make health lifestyle, this is the best way to prevent Erectile Dysfunction. Here are some example to prevent erectile problems.
- Regularly meet your doctor to manage heart disease diabetes, or other chronic health conditions.
- See your doctor for regular checkups.
- Quit smoking and limit or avoid alcohol consumption.
- Avoiding use of illegal drugs
- Do exercise regularly.
- Take valuable steps to reduce stress.
- Get help for depression, anxiety, or other mental health concerns.
- Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction.
Oral medication is the best treatment used in Erectile Dysfunction. Following are the drug used is such type of erectile problems:
- Sildenafil (Viagra)
- Avanafil (Stendra)
- Tadalafil (Adcirca, Cialis)
- Vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn)
Generic Viagra is the most commonly used medication to treat Erectile Dysfunction. Viagra is an FDA approved medication to treat erectile problems in men.