Types of Arthritis Along with Symptoms
Arthritis is a type of joint disorder featuring inflammation. A joint is an area in your body where two bones meet each other. This joint functions to move the body parts connected by its bones. Actual meaning of arthritis is inflammation of one to two joints.
Arthritis in accompanied by joint pain. This joint pain is mainly referred as Arthralgia. Whenever four or more than four joints are involved, then this type of Arthritis are known as polyarthritis. When two or three joints are involved, then it is referred as oligoarthritis. And when only single joint is involved then it is referred as monoarthitis.
Types of Arthritis:
There are many types of arthritis almost 100 identified, and the numbers at still growing. There are 5 common types of Arthritis which are as follows:
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
In many people this type of arthritis is common. This mostly takes place when the joints are overused. This usually happens with age but can also come from obesity and joint injuries. Joint which bear weight of your body like hips, knees, spine, feet are the most common features that affect. This makes the affected joint hurts.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis:
Following are the symptoms depending on which joint is affected:
- Deep, aching pain
- Pain when walking
- Morning stiffness which lasts for less than 30 minutes
- Stiffness after resting
- Trouble dressing, gripping things, bending over, combing your hair,squatting, or climbing stairs, depending on which joints are involved.
Sometime your joint may be:
- Swollen and harder to move
- Warm to the touch
- Unable to move through a full range of motion.
Rheumatoid is an auto immune disease. This means the immune system attacks the part of your body especially the joints. If not treated than they can lead to inflammation which can cause severe joint damage.
Symptoms of Rheumatoid:
Symptoms of Rheumatoid can come suddenly, and they are more severe than osteoarthritis. The most common symptoms are as follows:
- You may have Pain, stiffness, and swelling in your hands, elbows, shoulders, knees, wrists, feet, ankles, jaw, and neck.
- Rheumatoid arthritis mostly affects multiple joints.
- You may have more than 1 swollen joint.
- Sometimes you may feel fatigued and also noticed that your appetite is down,, and you may have lost weight.
- You may have morning stiffness. This may last for 6 hours or even whole day.
People with Psoriatic Arthritis have inflammation of the skin known as Psoriasis and joints known as arthritis. This type of arthritis starts between 30 and 50 age. It is common in men and women.
Symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis:
This type of arthritics can swell the finger and even toes. In some patient only one joint are affected. For example, you may have arthritis only in one knee.
Gout Arthritis is a built up of uric acid in a joint. Most of the time it will be your big toe or some other part of foot. This type of attack will last for 3 to 10 days. If Gout remains untreated then it can affect joints, and also kidneys.
Gout may result from the given things:
- You are eating too many foods that help to raise uric acid levels. Your kidneys could not process the uric acid that your body makes.
- Your body is making more uric acid.
Symptoms of Gout:
- Intense Joint Pain — Pain will be in your big toe but also in your ankles, elbow, wrists, fingers, knees.
- Discomfort — Even pain goes still your joint will still hurt or pain.
- Inflammation — The joint will be red and swollen.
This is also called as systemic lupus erythematosus. This is an autoimmune disease. This can affect your joint and also many organs in your body.
Symptoms of Lupus:
Following are the symptoms of Lupus Arthritis:
- Painful and swollen joints
- Sun sensitivity
- Hair loss
- Blood disorders, like anemia, and low levels of white blood cells and platelets
- Swelling in the feet, hands, legs, or around the eyes
- Chest pain from inflammation of the lining of the lungs or hearts
- Mouth sores